The Grand Summit Hotel
Moving forward safely, together.
Dear Travel Partners:
In light of the serious health risks that the COVID-19 virus presents, in addition to all of our normal, very thorough cleaning practices, the Grand Summit Hotel has implemented the following additional procedures:
Covid-19 Safety Protocols
The following safety protocols are in place in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. Each department is to strictly follow guidelines for the safety of guests and staff.
- All staff are required to have their temperature taken upon arrival to work, with forehead digital thermometer.
- All staff are required to wear masks in common areas of the hotel and with any exchange of conversation, while maintaining their 6 ft. social distance requirement.
- All staff is required to wash their hands thoroughly several times a day with warm soapy water, for a minimum of 20 seconds. Signage is placed all throughout the back of the hotel reminding staff.
Front Desk and Lobby:
- All front desk agents wear masks, and offer masks to guests as they check in, if they are not already wearing a face covering.
- At all times, hand sanitizer readily available on front desk counter for guest use.
- Plexiglass Sneezeguards are installed at check in stations to put a safe distance between guest and agent.
- Individual sanitation station stands area located at Front Door and Elevator Landing in the lobby.
- Lobby soft surfaces sprayed with Lysol disinfectant every 3-4 hours.
- Door surfaces, handles and elevator buttons disinfected every 3-4 hours.
- Stairwell rails wiped down with disinfectant every 3-4 hours.
- Restrooms cleaned routinely, several times a day. More frequently, based upon occupancy and hotel events.
- Floors mopped daily with disinfectant.
- All meeting rooms are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized daily, prior to each meeting, and at the close of each meeting.
- All food served in the meeting space is individually wrapped, with no shared utensils.
- Banquet staff are all checked for temperature at the beginning of their shift and wear the proper gloves and face mask for guest and staff protection.
- Any unused and disposable items, in the room, are discarded daily.
- Attendant seating is 6 ft apart, abiding by social distancing guidelines.
- Masks are required to enter the hotel and meeting room. Once your session has begun, it’s up to the meeting leader whether or not masks must stay on. Anytime outside of the meeting room, we respectfully ask that you wear a mask.
- Guestrooms are cleaned and sanitized upon checkout, for short term (1 or 2 night) length of stays. In addition to regular room cleaning, a second check of cleanliness is done by Housekeeping Supervisor and the room is sealed off for 24 hours, with a sticker notating when the room is ready for check in, and that no one has entered since being inspected.
- For guestrooms that are occupied 3 days or longer, upon checkout, the room is sprayed, stripped and sanitized. Room is not re-opened for 48 hours, and then is followed up with a Deep Clean procedure. Room not rented again for 24 hours. Room rotation is done by floors. All floors receive deep clean once a month. Occupancy is limited to accommodate these sanitizing schedules.
- Staff and Guests entering the pool area will have their temperature taken to screen for fever or signs of COVID-19, and be on guard to report if they identify anyone showing symptoms, or complaining of: fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigues, muscle or body aches, headache, loss of taste and smell, sore throat, congestion and runny nose, nausea, vomiting or diarrhea.
- Pool Ambassador will be assigned to Pool Area during heavy occupancy hours. Regular inspection will be made of pool, to ensure social distance and number of guests in pool is being adhered to.
- Pool ambassadors will be wearing PPE of mask and gloves at all time on duty.
COVID Contact is Tom Riccardi at (908) 273-3000, ext. 123.
The Summit NJ police department Captain Rick Proctor and team are advised that the pool has opened. Should anyone be non-compliant with Executive Order 153, or posted pool rules and COVID-19 safety rules, the Grand Summit Hotel will call Police Dispatch at 908-273-0051 and an officer will be dispatched immediately. Police department is less than ½ mile from hotel.
Admittance to pool area is through main gate only. This limits and staggers admission.
Signage is posted on both the gate and on the inside of the pool area.
- Only 40 guests are allowed in the pool at the same time. Social distance of 6 ft. between groups must be maintained. Allowance based upon Pool Surface guidelines of 1/28 sq. ft.
- Masks must be worn when entering the pool area, and only taken off one social distance has been determined between tables and chairs.
- Do not wear a face mask in the pool.
- No children age two and under should wear a mask.
- Do not share goggles, kickboards, fun noodles or pool toys of any type.
- Discard your towel in the bin allocated when you depart pool area.
- Sanitize station is available under pool cabana for hand cleaning both upon arrival and departure to the pool area.
- When ordering food & drinks, there are no cash transactions. All purchases must be charged to room or credit card.
- Only hotel guests, with trackable information, have use of the pool.
- All chairs and tables are disinfected after each group/guest departs pool area.
Disinfectant Station installed offering fresh paper towels and individual disinfectant spray containers for pre and post use by guest. Staff does wipe down every 3-4 hours, with or without usage.
As always, the Grand Summit Hotel only utilizes the number 1 sanitizing products from EcoLab for all surface disinfecting and all laundry care.
Food & Beverage:
- Continental Breakfast is offered daily in all individually wrapped items, such as muffins, lemon cake, fruit cups, juices, cereal, milk and coffee. Disposable tableware and cups used all throughout the hotel.
- Room Service delivery is available daily between 4:30PM and 8:00PM. No cash transactions. All items must be charged, so delivery agent can hand off safely wrapped meals with very limited guest interaction. Both gloves and masks are worn by delivery agent.
In addition to the enhanced steps we’re taking for your safety and ours, we also adhere to all of the guidelines placed before us either at the federal, state or local level.
We look forward to hosting your staff, clients and colleagues again in the very near future.
HOtel in Summit, nj
We look forward to welcoming you!
570 Springfield Ave
Summit NJ 07901
Front Desk/Guest Services: Extension 114 or 189
Sales/Group Travel: Extension 165
Accounting: Extension 169
Administration: Extension 176